Recognising the industry evolution of voice communications as an integral part of the virtualised world, Mitel collaborated with VMware– the undisputed leader in virtualisation – to break the latency barrier between voice telephony and virtualised software, and be the first to provide a real-time voice application that can run in virtualised environment (onsite or remote).
Mitel Virtual Solutions
Instead of maintaining a separate set of hardware, processes, tools, and staff for voice communications, it’s the industry’s first fully virtualised business communications software suite featuring Voice over IP telephony, as well as unified messaging, conferencing, collaboration, mobility, contact centre, and IP border gateway capabilities. All of these essential unified communications functions can now be deployed alongside other traditional virtualised business applications in a VMware-enabled environment.
Consolidation of real-time voice and non-voice applications in a virtualised data centre, allowing for:
- Capital cost savings due to a reduction in server hardware and real estate.
- Operational cost savings due to reduction in power and server provisioning costs.
- Efficiencies in data centre management such as time savings for provisioning servers.
- One business continuity / disaster recovery plan.
- Top five differentiators.
1. Market-Leading Platform – the only solution where you can run voice and non-voice applications in the same environment
2. Hardware Agnostic – voice software completely decoupled from the hardware, allowing for the use of all VMware vSphere 4 management tools
3. Proven Solution – available since February 2010 and winner of five Industry Awards
4. Disaster Recovery (DR) – a single DR plan based on Mitel’s built-in resiliency and advanced VMware vSphere 4 data center tools
5. Leverage Data Centre Investment – infrastructure (VMware vSphere 4) and resources.